Notes from a Guy Who Went to the Adobe MAX 2013 ConferenceBy Denis Sweeney
May 10, 2013
I was fortunate enough to attend the Adobe MAX conference in Los Angeles on Monday and Tuesday of this week.It was a worthwhile trip and I met a lot of great people and learned a lot.I had hoped to attend more hands-on sessions but they filled up fast! I did attended sessions on:
- Web Graphics
- Digital Government: Adobe in the Public Sector
- SVG Reboot
- Community inspires Creativity
<-- at="" event="" from="" more="" my="" nokia="" of="" photo="" photos="" span="" the="" theater.="" tues="">--> here
Links to Adobe recorded sessions
Design and Creativity
S8262: What's New in Dreamweaver
Resource site:CAN I USE
Compatibility tables for support of HTML5, CSS3, SVG and more in desktop and mobile browsers.
Great site to go to for questions about what is supported on different platforms, browsers, etc.
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers.
FREE HTML editor:BRACKETS
Brackets is an open source HTML editor with great functionality, that Adobe is backing.
Brackets intro video on YouTube channel
Font Resource site:LostType
Pay-what-you-want font resource site.
Blog post:5 myths
Five Myths About Creative Cloud.
Adobe blog dispelling rumors/fear about what Adobe CC might be.
Here are some notes I took from the event:
- Adobe Creative Cloud is a new sales/delivery model and it is a subscription-based model.
- 20 Gb of space in Adobe's cloud is included
- more space is available. cost: (I didn't hear)
- Install Adobe CC suite of apps on up to 2 machines (mac or pc, or both)
- apps still run locally on machine, as before.
- Access to 1000s of fonts, included w/ subscription
- Launches June 17. Cloud apps, and collaboration functionality.
- some available now (cloud subscription model, CS-apps through cloud installer)
- Cloud-apps (Adobe CC-branded apps) will be coming in June with new features and functionality.
- Creative Suite will still exist and will get patches and updates, but will NOT get new features.
- -->this was surprising, big news to the Adobe community, and everyone was talking about it!
- The cloud connection will allow artist to access their files and their app preferences from any machine or device.
- Illustrator is supporting SVG file format and can create SVG graphics/code
- Acrobat XI is latest version.
- Everyone should upgrade to Acrobat XI to ensure best compatibility with Illustrator.
- In XI, they rebuilt it completely to ensure seamless compatibility.
- Adobe Edge Connect is a great new tool for Web Designers/Developers.
- The presenters demonstrated a Designer updating code on a desktop computer, and showed how Edge Connect is used to do live testing of new code on actual mobile devices (rather than using emulators).
- They pushed the same code with Edge Connect's temporary wireless connection, to 3 physical devices (an iPhone, a tablet, and an Android phone) simultaneously, and in real time.
I had hoped to attend the Black Keys concert, but had to catch a plane and totally missed it.